Autopsy continues

The autopsy continues, and quite productively. I was treating this model as something that would end up a flawed work and I probably wouldn’t take it to any shows, but today a lot of it came together. In particular, I’d been having issues with the larger pustules, but I decided to try to make them actually quite different from the smaller ones, which had been working quite well.

It turns out that was quite a good decision.

SONY DSC

I also added a brand, and then blasted through most of the rest of the piece, and now he’s almost finished. The cushions on the gurney were especially enjoyable, because I wanted a lot of texture to them, which meant that I didn’t need to blend anything: lots of rough brushstrokes and stippling, with a bit of glazing to bring it all together. Just the gurney itself to finish off now.

I’ll be at Figureworld in Oundle next weekend, which is where I buy about half my plinths each year and I’ll be hoping to find a good one for this piece. I think I just need one the right shape for this and suitable for a coat of black. A plinth with interesting colours or textures would be wasted here.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s